Saturday, August 11, 2012

CAS mid program Self Evaluation


CAS Mid- program CAS plan

Do you have a balance of activities across the three areas: Creativity, Action, and Service? If not, in which area do you need more involvement?
No, I don’t think I have a balance of activities across the three areas: Creativity, Action, and Service. In particularly, I need more involvement in Service and Creativity.

Over the past year, did you average about 3-4 hours per week on different CAS activities?
             Yes, Community Service and Varsity Soccer.


Have you collaborated with others on any CAS projects? Which ones and in what way?
            In CAS project, most of activities were collaborated with others on any CAS projects. For example, Varsity soccer, as soccer it needs 11 players to play game. This activity really important for having good teamwork or to have good result the team must be organized and collaborating.

Have you engaged with any issues of global importance in any CAS activities? If so, what issue?
Yes, the issue was about kids who are suffering from eating less or unhealthy food by famine.

Would you describe your level of engagement with that global issue as low, moderate, or high? (Did you become an expert in that area, could you explain the local situation around that issue to someone, did you just become acquainted with the issue?) 
I can describe my level of engagement with that global issue as moderate. Due to community service, I learned how people live around Baguio and how poor they. The local situation was bad that I saw one boy who was very short and really thin and I assume that he was really poor that he couldn’t eat a lot.

What is one issue of global importance (check the list HERE) that you wanted to get involved with but you haven't had the opportunity to do so?
            One issue of global importance that I wanted to get involved with but I haven’t had the opportunity to do was education for all.



Which activity from last year was the most meaningful to you? Why?
The most meaningful activity from last year was community service. This is because, it totally changed my perspective of society that it made me enthusiast in helping poor people. For example, before community service, when I saw poor people, I just look at them and passed away but now, when I see some beggar, I give them money or foods. 





Which activity did you not care for or was not very significant to you? Why?
The activity that I did not care was broadcasting club that I wrote only one progress. This is because; group members and I had varsity soccer practice in same time that broadcasting was scheduled.  

What is one thing that you planned to do at the beginning of G11 that you have not begun yet?
            One thing that I planned to do at the beginning of G11 was MUN and I have not begun yet.


Have you initiated any activities? Have you initiated any part of any activities? Describe.
No none yet but I was trying to initiated activity in dorm but since I had to move out from the dorm, I couldn’t initiated. But I’m thinking of initiating an activity with my classmates.


What was the date of your first involvement in CAS activities?
I’m not sure with the date but I involvement in CAS activities was the first day of school.


Is your “List of Activities” page on your blog up to date?
Frankly, it’s not up to date and I need to focus more on CAS everyday and be not lazy doing it!



How many of your blog posts are tagged with learning outcome labels?
There are only 3 but after I edited there might be more.


Do you have an final refection for every significant CAS activity you did last year? If not, which reflections are you missing?
No… I think I missed soccer and community service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment