Sunday, May 26, 2013

Reflection for Medical Dental Mission

This is my last year of high school and this is my last Medical Dental Mission... One thing that I really regret until now is not joining Medical Dental Mission when I was young. I would like to suggest grade 11, 10, 9, 8 to join Medical Dental Mission and during this year, I saw a lot of student volunteers working for it. However, April 20, I worked for volunteer from 9 am to 10 am. Actually I didn't know my work during that day but, I had to work for registration since there were a lot of paper work in registration area and they needed help. First of all, frankly, I thought this work won't make any meaningful for me but, i was totally wrong. This is because, I already know that a lot of people coming here and i thought people are coming from rural place but, they are from everywhere in Baguio city... I learned that there are a lot of people who need help and i guess feeding program from community service is also meaningful that what i have done is actually helping people. Secondly, i noticed that there are less people came to Medical Dental Mission from previous year. This is because, teachers who worked in Registration area have been working for Medical Dental Mission for a long time. They told me that there are less people from last year. Maybe, in my opinion, most people who come to Medical Dental Mission is to have their children circumcision. Thus, I'm guess there will be less people next year.
I think I worked efficiently. This is because, there were a lot of registration form before I work but after me taking the spot, I was able to finish all the registration form as soon as possible. Plus, I think teachers should be strict with students that who have signed for shift. This is because, there are a lot of students and teachers who couldn't leave although they didn't eat lunch or have appointment. This also happened to me that, like what i have mentioned, I supposed to work from 9am to 10am but I had to work until 2pm and some people were saying something thats negative to me. This made my last Medical Dental Mission to be bad. Thus, I learned that Philippines or other countries need more help that its worse than what we can see.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment