It was best ISAC I ever had because I think
it’s my last ISAC so I guess it would be memorable. First, we got second place
again.. it was totally the same when I had my first ISAC in Subic that we lost
to British School Manila and in this ISAC, we lost to British School Manila
again… I got very mad at the same time I was sad that it was my last ISAC but I
was only able to achieve second place. Although we were second place, for me it was more than second place because, I guess, this was my first to
know what team work really is because unlike last year ISAC, our team got very
strong that Brent International School Subic, who is our rival was scared of us
and they had to use 9 defenders.. I guess, this was able to happen due to
trusting each team member. This is because, unlike other sports team, boys’
soccer didn’t have any team bonding time, I guess this made us not trust each
other but before the games, we gathered each other and talked about our
mistakes plus what our formation should be. This helps us to have better
teamwork especially in passing. Passing is really important in soccer but
before, some of player just want to play alone and score to make other people
to think him as best soccer player but aforementioned, we had team-bonding and
we had to talk about his problem and it actually made him better. Another thing
that it made me the unforgettable day was that some of our Filipino classmates
came down to Manila for 6 hours and cheered for us. I was surprised that they
came down to Manila for us.
Frankly, I thought our team couldn’t even go to
play off since we had very few practices but I was totally wrong. Also, most of
my friends who is not soccer player expected` that we can’t go to play off.
Maybe, I was the only person who thought our team can’t go to play off. But after the several games, we trust each other and believe our own skills and i guess this made us to win most of games. Furthermore, last year, we were beaten by Brent Subic terribly but we kept on our mind that we're better and we can easily beat them and it happened that we were able to beat them by 3:0. Thus, like what Michael Jordan said "Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.", I learned that I should not give up before I got the result and I guess this experience will help my IB exams too.
No comments:
Post a Comment