Friday, September 7, 2012
First day of a Choir
Today, it was first day of joining a choir but I felt sorry to my supervisor being late due to some reasons. Actually, I didn't wanted to join but my supervisor told about this activity in Korean class and advantages by joining this group. She said after graduating high school, you will have less chance to speak as pubic or to a lot of people and of course, if we don't practice we will feel shy but she thinks by joining a choir, members can feel less shy when they talk to public. Anyway, due to that reason, she was able to change my idea, and convinced me.. And I think this is greatest achievement that it can change me totally that i am a person who really don't like and shy to talk to public but i think after this activity, i will be a man who is brave, and not shy to talk in front of publics. Today, we learned about basic concepts of singing and in what way we have to sing but only little bit of it... Furthermore, we sang "You Raised Me Up" by Brendan Graham, it was really hard that I was afraid to sing... I don't know why but, when I sang, i was so concentrating and it also reduced my stress too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good! I'm glad Mrs. Yoon was able to convince you to join.
ReplyDeleteYou would probably like the information in this article: http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/singing-happy2.htm
ReplyDeleteHere is a paragraph that I copied and pasted:
"Some of the greatest connections between singing and happiness are more mental than physical. They're harder to measure, but just as significant.
Choral singers need to concentrate on their music and technique throughout the singing process, and it's hard to worry about things like work or money or family problems when you're actively concentrating on something else. So choral singers tend to have a built-in "stress-free zone." Learning is also part of the process -- learning new songs, new harmonies, new methods of keeping tempo. Learning has long been known to keep brains active and fend off depression, especially in older people."